Heloooooo pretty mahilas/kudis,how are you all doing???
Today am back with another review of another foundation.Ya ya ya ...again,but kya karen am always trying(and buying) new ones....and have ample excuses to do so.
This one today is the MAC studio fix powder foundation.Its a all in one thingie...perfect for lazy souls like me.....
here's the review
What It Claims:
From the site and the net.
Studio Fix is a powder and foundation in one that combines good coverage with ease of application! One-step application of foundation and powder! Designed to be used dry, the powder and pigments create a matte, velvety texture! It contains Silica, which helps to maintain a matte finish by absorbing oils on the skin as well as Talc to provide a smoother, less reflective, matte finish! The talc has been milled to a microscopic size to provide a beautiful texture while allowing the skin to breathe! Gives skin a smooth, flawless, all-matte, full-coverage finish! Long-wearing: lasts for up to eight hours! A real all-in-one! The choice of Pros and a long time favourite of MAC fans! It is available in a wide range of colours! It can be applied with a brush, sponge or a powder puff!
15 g / .52 oz
Price ...ahem ahem.....1600 INR.
What is the studio fix powder foundation.
First why did I even want one...
- I have so many 4 actually liquid ones and 2 souffle ones .Also a powder one.But I did not have powder one from MAC, you see::P
- liquid foundations are time consuming and have to be blended really well or they can look streaky...which again means hard work...me lazy..so wanted something quick and easy..esp.when I want to go to work...
- Its terribly hot and humid in Mumbai and I wanted a matte look for the summers.
- Are these enough...the excuses I mean??these were what I gave my husband too and he seemed pretty convinced...at least I like to believe that he was....
It comes in a classic black flip top case with a nice click to indicate proper locking .Beneath the powder is a compartment which holds a sponge.It also has a mirror which I love.I do not use the sponge often.
I use it with my buffer brush for medium coverage.
What I Love Love Love about it??
- its a super soft velvety sheer finish powder foundation.The shade I use is NC 42.It gives me a good coverage(medium to full).Its a buildable product.When used with sponge the coverage will be medium to full.When used with kabuki brush the coverage is sheer to medium.
- No fragrance.
- The finish is matte and lasts long around 4-5 hours(claims of 8 hours are not really true.Maybe its the weather here :(()
- Its super easy to use and I love the fact that even novices can use it
- It does not look cakey if blended well with the kabuki.
- I do not prime my face everyday since summers have gone...but I moisturize really well ,so it does not flake or dry.
- It has not broken me out(have been using it for almost a month now).
- It controls the oiliness well for 4 hours in an AC environment.
- this is my HG foundation...(as of now)
- This will really last long... almost One month since used and not even dented yet!!
There should have been a kabuki brush from MAC alongwith(GRREEEDDYY)).
other than that me cant complain!!
Will I repurchase???
Rating 4.5 /5
-0.5 for no brush
Have you guys used this????
Ty it out!!