Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lotus herbals AloeHydra gel review

Hey ladies,,,how was sunday so far??
Kya khaaya??what did u do??any movies that u wa !!tched??
Me did not go out shopping today....sad huh???though had some yummy lunch,cooked by moi of course!!!
Today I will be reviewing a Product from Lotus herbals.
I have combination oily skin and most of the moisturizers I use including oil free neutrogena,sweat o my face after being  out in the sun  for even 2 hours.
I read about this moisturiser on IMBB and a few other blogs and  tried it..

 What LOTUS HERBALS has to say:
Rehydrates skin and enhances its moisture retention capacity. This special formula is quickly absorbed in the skin, leading to supple skin .Works for all skin types.

Contains: Extracts of aloe Vera, barbadensis miller plant, which is rich in essential polysaccharides, minerals and vitamins.

Directions:
  • Wash face with a face wash.
  • Apply liberally all over face and neck & let it dry. Can be used as often as required.












Heres my take on it

 LOTUS HERBALS ALOEHYDRA GEL
This comes in a plastic bottle with a pump,which is covered with a transparent plastic cap.
The pumps opening is small and so we need to pump it 4 times at least to get a considerable amount for face and neck...
The gel itself is yellow in color( me not very fond of the color ) and has a floral-alcoholic smell...(not too strong)..
On application it momentarily feels a bit sticky which i would expect with any gel product,but 15-20 seconds later it dries out.
It gives a nice full appearance to my face as if my skin just drank a gallon of water,,,I really feel it...also i apply quite a good amount and let it get absorbed ...
I also have used it sometimes over my uder eye area,when am too lazy to go and fetch my eye cream,from wherever its lying.It makes me feel my undereye area has lightened,but that is only temporary:(
I apply it under my makeup and have noticed that my skin does  not sweat or become oily..for at least 3-4 hours.....
after that i do need to do touch ups or blot..

PROS
  • Inexpensive Rs  180/-
  • good hydration achieved
  • no stickiness practically
  • did not break me out
  • absorbed quickly
  • matte effect....less oiliness and shininess
  • good amount.....will last pretty long(here i have used this for  25 days at least and only this much has been used!!
  • does not clog my pores.
  • with regular usage I have  noticed that my skin is well hydrated most of the times.
  • Have used this as a night cream as well and love my thobda in the morning......so soft!!!
CONS
  • floral-alcoholic smell(thos means it has alcohol,but it  does not dry out my skin...not sure about those with dry skins though, might dry them out..
  • i personally dont like the yellow color.
  • the pump is too narrow....am a lazy bum....even pumping for a cream more than 2 times,irritstes me  :p
  • No Spf...!!!!!


I am pretty happy with this product and will consider rebuying it
Have u guys used it??
Wht are ur experiences???

11 comments:

R.ChamberofBeauty said...

Sounds like a good one but there should have been some SPF. Nice review!!

Dr Shivani Sud Thakur said...

thanku rakshanda....me agree ..u shud try this...its good!!

Unknown said...

must try...my skin is seasonal..is that even a type??? gets really dry in the winters, i mean reallllyyyy dry. and goes combination in summers. real pain really. btw do recommend a good sunscreen.

Dr Shivani Sud Thakur said...

hey girija..thats a type...u must be having combination skin....you will like this for sure...lemme kow if u try this..wont work too well in winters tho.....try lotus spf 50++sunscreen gel /or neutrogena sunscren..both good

indianmakeupways said...

great review. i use the brihans aloevera gel. its also pretty good. this also seems good

Dr Shivani Sud Thakur said...

hey anju....Thanks..where is the brihans wala available??

Dr Shivani Sud Thakur said...

@gillion..thanks for visiting havent heard about this brand..but will check it out for sure

Zenobia said...

Sounds good... thinking of trying it. :D and sincxe i too have oily skin i guess i shall have d same result!!!!

Dr Shivani Sud Thakur said...

hey zenobia...its good do try it

Of rainy days said...

i have this gel, and i totally love it. i do agree that it has no spf and that can be a problem. also i love it because it add shine to my oily skin without making it greasy. so it has to have alcohol.

royal herbal store.com said...

Royal Herbal Online Store | Buy Online Herbal Products | Weight Loss Herbal Products i like coomets