as requested by VARSHA of a few fragrant flowers......this ones for u varsha,
She wanted to know what could be done to color her gray roots.......
well after the obvious answer ..dye it.....here are some natural methods too
The most commonly usedone is Henna application to hair....
Henna has safely colored and conditioned w's hair for at least six thousand years and it does a lovely job!
Henna has tannin in it and the tannin molecules bind into keratin (hair) molecules and make the fibers physically stronger, like winding threads together to make a stronger string. After you henna hair, it is softer, stronger, it tangles less, and the split ends disappear.
- If your hair is blonde, henna may make it vibrant red or strawberry blonde.
- If your hair is red, henna will restore vibrant red color and glossiness that you lose to age and sun damage.
- If your hair is mousy brown, henna may make it rich red or copper penny red.
- If your hair is medium brown, your hair may come up the color of an Irish Setter dog.????? ;p
- If your hair is dark brown, it will be deep chestnut with red highlights in the sunshine.(LIKESSS)
- If your hair is black, it will be very dark chestnut with red highlights.( this should work for you varsha)
this information has been taken from a internet site.....
- I used to use this method for many many years...tht was when my grays were few and only at the roots....Henna +yoghurt+amla all kept overnight and ya...some tea extract...it turned my hair beautiful ...but now with so many gray hair It started turning orangish,so I turned to synthetic hair color.....
Once I did start coloring my hair synthetically,I could not look back...The color was uniform and hair glossier...thanks to loads of chemicals:p
- Also you can try a black color from a non ammonia containing dye ...just for your roots .....
- Some other sites have used chamomile extract,sage extract,beetroot extract,rosemary and indigo NEEL the one used for clothes???...for natural hair coloring ut these are pretty short lasting and mehnat inducing....;p
- Also its better to use PUR#E henna or mehend..avoid using henna called black henna or hair henna as they contain chemicals.