I have been using aroma therapy facials at the parlour I regularly visit and they are so so relaxing.
So thoday I will be doing a post on my favorite essential oils.
The principle of aromatherapy is based on the human sense of smell and how different smells affect our mind and body. Aromatherapy uses different scented oils to stimulate different parts of the body. The olfactory nerves are situated in the nasal cavity and transfer smells to that part of the brain where emotions lie. Each essential oil used has a distinct effect on our body and mind.
Aromas have a way of releasing certain chemicals in our body which in turn give rise to many emotions. Chemicals like endorphins, enkephalin and serotonin are released by the introduction of various aromas. These chemicals released in the body make us relax, reduce pain and give us a sense of wellbeing. The olfactory nerves transfer the smells to the limbic system in our brain immediately. That is why aromatherapy has an immediate effect on us.
- Aerial diffusion: for environmental fragrancing or aerial disinfection
- Direct inhalation: for respiratory disinfection, decongestion, expectoration as well as psychological effects
- Topical applications: for general massage, baths, compresses, therapeutic skin care
How I use my essential oils!!
I usually use lavender,lemon, rosemary,patchouli ylangylang and sage
- I usually add few drops of lavender and rosrmary when I steam my face...also sometimes I use eucalyptus.
- lemongrass and rosemary are a good pore closer.so i keep it added to my toner.I am using TBS sea weed at present
- In my daily moisturiser/body cream I add lavender..this can be done only in an unscented lotion ideally.I usually do it for my nivea body cream mostly.
- I also add lavender or patchouli to my night cream.This helps in a blissful sleep.
- I use lavender on my pillow as well.. sometimes i use ylang ylang or patchouli.
I usually add lavender again for a calming effect on hair.
othr uses for hair metioned as below:
Lavender is great for soothing the scalp and calming the hair.
Basil promotes growth by stimulating circulation. Basil is used in shampoos and conditioners that are designed for scalp health.
Chamomile is the most soothing of the essential oils for the hair and scalp. Chamomile helps to retract skin cells that have been inflamed from chemical procedures, the sun and helps with those that have scaly scalps in including a lot of white flakes or psoriasis.
Lemon Essential oil works well for a treatment for dry scalp, dandruff, lice, and under active sebaceous glands. The sebum on the hair is what keeps it from dry out.
Peppermint helps to stimulate blood flow to the root of the hair. This helps the hair to receive proper nourishment and to grow correctly. Peppermint makes the scalp tingle and this is what stimulates the blood flow to the hair.
Rosemary essential oil works great for dry hair and dandruff as well as itchy scalp!
Tea Tree essential oils works to purify the scalp. It works extremely good for those that suffer from scalp psoriasis and scalp dandruff.
Ylang Ylang essential oils for Oily hair and dandruff treatment.
Always remember that you cannot use these essential oils for hair direct to your hair, but you should mixed with carrier oils first.
I have not used rosemary for the hair or the others ut am planning to try it out...wil let you know...
Also everyday I usually burn essential oil in oil burners for my home for amazing fragrnace all arounnd....
Here I use cinnamon,sandalwood, lemongrass...jasmine ,lavender etc...
DO you guys use essential oils for any purpose??
(imagesfrom the net...if any body has any copyright issues,please let me know and I will remove them)