What is Maybelline Whitestay UV Base? as mentioned on the bottle)
- The first step to perfect your makeup finish .Instantly enhances skin’s natural luminosity and provides natural radiance all day.
- Superior UV protection – SPF 35 PA +++ Dermatologist tested
- Allergy tested
- Non-comedogenic /won’t clog pores
- Fragrance free
- It is available in 3 shades:
- White – for people with normal skin(TheSA said this was for very fair skintones)
- but there is also a pink which is for people with p ink undertones(she did not have this one)????
- Purple – neutralizes yellow skin undertones ( I bought this one)
- Green- neutralizes redness of skin (rosacea etc..)
Packaging : Small bottle with a nozzle.
- The product: very light purple tinged lotion .spreads easliy and leaves a very dewy glow.( in photos though without makeup it made me look slightly whitish).It did neutralise my yellow undertone but this left me with a whitish cast(ONLY IN PHOTOS). .I tried it next time with lesser amount for a sheer coverage and there was no whitish cast.So use only a tiny amount and spread well.
- After applying loose powder,the glow vanished but so did the whitish cast(IN PHOTOS).
- In matural light there is just a dewy look ,no cast seen.
- A primer is usually used to minimize apperance of pores.I have large pores too,but did not see them smaller at all :((
- Fairly controlled my oil ...had to touch up very few times
- Made my makeup stay on longer than i expected......Its humid in mumbai and after a while my base makeup along with my blush vanishes.After this makeup base,it stayed for 4-5 hours.
light ,non oily base
has SPF 35+++.would work great as a suscreen.
did not make me break out.
Increases make up staying power.
fairly good oil control.
whitish cast in pictures(if clicked without loose powder).
no decrease in size of pores.
RATING : 4/5 :::-1 for no effect on pores which was the main reason I thought of buying it.
REPURCHASE: am looking at MAC primer or NYX next.....so mostly nnah!!
Overall a decent makeup base for prolonging makeup stay.Do not expect it to do much in terms of pore closure or evening out your skintone.
which primer do u use...??let me know!!