This is a new series I am starting from this post....Being a beauty /makeup/lifestyle blogger is fun fun fun ,but also its a store house of knowledge out there......the internet is full of these gems of knowledge and we just need to find them...:)
I have extermely fine....almost not there,wispy hair and a oily scalp...Killer combination!!!!!!
Also have been afflicted with dandruff off and on....yeeekssss right!!!???!!
I HAVE to wash my hair everyday,or else it will stick to my oily scalp...and make me look like a tel ka dukkan ....baldy baldy tooo....you know how it is.....:/
SO while searching on the net I came across this thing called Hair washing with conditioner...a.k.a CO WASHING OF HAIR or CO WASH...
This is ased on a very simple concept...
Regular usage of shampoo...esp everyday,can be harmful for the hair...The shampoos have a product called SLS ...sodium lauryl sulphate which is the culprit......
Conditioners usually do not have this ingridient,but they do have the others whih are detergent based(YES detergent based,or else how do u expect your grime to be washed away???
This method uses Conditioner instead of,not along with shampoo...
So everyday yu can CO WASH your hair and every 3rd or 4th day use a shampoo..!!!
HOW TO CO WASH HAIR.
- Rinse hair well.Apply conditioner and massage gently into scalp.Wash well .Reapply conditioner and keep it for a couple of minutes...rinse well again
- You can also apply conditioner half hour prior to the wash ,,,and then wash hair... no need to reapply conditioner...This is like using a hair mask ....it soaks each strand welll
- The third way is to mix some conditioner with water in a spray bottle and spray o washed damp hair and let it dry well...this is good if you are in a hurry!!
My hair is more manageable and soft...and i am loving it.
There are multiple advantages to this....
- You are using a harsh chemical:: read SLS:less frequently.
- The conitioner cleans your hair and makes it shiny mooth ,tangle free and manageable
- Your shampoo lasts longer....
- YOu can wash your hair everyday and not end with rough hair or dry hair
- It is a very good method when you run out of shampoo,esp while travelling(but you should have a conditioner with you!!!!no t carrying shampoo and carrying only conditioner can that happen????can happen wid me;P
- None really ,except that your conditioner will get over soon.However you ca buy a cheaper conditioner for daily use then.
Also Tanveer in her blog just covered towel drying techniques.See here.
although this has been metioned at above site for treated hair ,it can be used for non treated hair as well....
AM very very happy to have learnt this......and now an sharing it with you.
Please do try it:)